The position will be available from 1 October 2016. The employment contract is limited to two years. The regular weekly working time will be 39 hours. The salary is based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund. The place of work is Freiberg.
- very good PhD in quantitative Earth-Sciences, Computer Vision or similar
- in-depth knowledge of remote sensing data analysis and image processing
- experience in processing of hyperspectral data
- competence in scientific programming (e.g. Python, MATLAB, R)
- methodological development of multiscale image processing for geological purposes
- active input/contribution to the division activities on analysis of digital elevation models and spectroscopy
- close cooperation with the division « Valuation and Modelling »
- publication and presentation of scientific results
- acquisition of third-party projects
For further information, please contact Dr. Richard Gloaguen, Tel.: +49 351 260 – 4424.
Equal opportunities are an integral part of our personnel policy, we therefore particularly welcome applications from qualified women. Severely disabled persons are given priority where applicants are equally qualified.